Wednesday 7 November 2012

Stars vote with their tweet ...




Loads of celebs took to Twitter and Instagram yesterday to show their support for the democratic voting process ...  unlike the general public ... early figures indicated only 119 million people voted compared to 131 million in 2008. 

Miley Cyrus captioned her Twit pic: "dolls that vote together stay together" 


'Pon de line, ooooh it's early! Haaaaa,' Mariah Carey tweeted, before adding, 'Let your vote be heard!! Four more years!' 


Beyonce wrote: "Hey Instagram, it's me Bey,"


Lenny Kravitz tweeted: I voted. Go #vote" 


Stacey Kiebler (George Clooney's girlfriend) wrote: " Have you?" 

Kirstie Alley kept it short and sweet: "voted!!!!" 


Kathy Griffin pondered: "Is it a good time to SEXT @AndersonCooper & @David_Gergen??"


Josh Duchamel wrote: "Let's do this. Will will #RockTheVote."


Mission accomplished! I voted," wrote America Ferrera on WhoSay. "My polling place needed more workers though, so that's what I'll be doing next election!"


For a little light entertainment click here for a story on the top 6 weirdest things Americans voted for yesterday. 

Brooke Shields pays tribute to her late mum

Poignant words from Brooke Shields on her mother, who passed away this week: "My mother was an enormous part of my life and of who I am today. I loved her, laughed with her, and respected her. And although she had her share of struggles, she was my mom." 

Lady Gaga gives $1million to Hurricane Sandy victims


Lady Gaga announced on her website yesterday that she would pledge $1 million to New York and American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy aid. 

"If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower East Side, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today," she wrote. "New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion. Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours."


Hot pics & clicks



* Sienna Miller has shown off her baby bump in a portrait by acclaimed artist Jonathan Yeo.


Don't click onto these pics of Kim Kardashian in a bikini unless you feel like gnashing your teeth in envy. 


* David Arquette took to Twitter to show off his buffed body for his latest movie role in Orion. He praised his personal trainer: 'Thanks for helping me get in shape for my film Orion Jon Paul Crimi.'

* Scarlett Johanssen pulls up her top to reveal a new tattoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment