Tuesday 20 November 2012

Rihanna apologises for plane disaster



Rihanna has finally made an appearance for journalists and fans flying with her on her 777 Tour and apologised ... sort of ...


US Magazine reporter Ian Drew, who has been blogging on the plane, writes: "Days five and six of the wild tour (in Berlin and London, respectively) dissolved into a "hopeless" situation, I blogged on Monday Nov. 19. Most passengers were deliriously deprived of sleep, food and sunlight; members of the press were upset that Rihanna had been completely unavailable for quotes, photos or much of anything offstage following day one of the tour. One particularly despondent Australian shock-jock even streaked naked through the plane in protest; in London, one journalist handed out fake "Missing: Rihanna" flyers ...

"Coming to the back of the plane to address the group, the "Diamonds" singer sheepishly addressed her in-flight press corp -- plopping down in an aisle seat right across from me."

Rihanna told the assembled media: "I want to thank everyone for making this trip the sh--. I want to see the naked Australian!"

She added: "I know you guys got barely any dirt. But I had to be good. I still sound like sh--. It's impossible to spend time with everybody, and I'm sorry I didn't. But this was excellent and I would definitely do it again."

When asked how she'd do things differently next time she said: "I would do this next time with more people, more cities and sit back the the fans more. . . I had to preserve my health. Normally, I'd be back here popping bottles with y'all . . . I had to preserve my voice. I was worried about my body more than partying on the plane, so I had to just sleep whenever I could. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did."
Sorry Rihanna, I don't think they did. 

Elmo puppeteer resigns amid new sex abuse accusations

People magazine reports: "Kevin Clash, the voice and puppeteer behind Elmo on Sesame Street, has resigned. 

"I am resigning from Sesame Workshop with a very heavy heart. I have loved every day of my 28 years working for this exceptional organization," 52-year-old Clash said in a statement Tuesday. "Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately." 

On the heels of a second set of sex abuse accusations, reported by TMZ.com, Sesame Workshop also issued this statement Tuesday.

"Sesame Workshop's mission is to harness the educational power of media to help all children the world over reach their highest potential. Kevin Clash has helped us achieve that mission for 28 years, and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading education organization. Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin's personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street," they said Tuesday. "This is a sad day for Sesame Street." 



Kelly Preston opens up about son's autism

Kelly Preston opens up about her late son Jett's medical condition on an upcoming episode of the US show The Doctors.

"[Jett] was autistic. He had seizures and when he was very young, he had Kawasaki Syndrome," she says

"I strongly believe as a mother, as does my husband, that there are certain contributing factors that lead to autism and some of it is very much the chemicals in our environment and in our food," she adds. 

Kelly believes Jett's autism was sparked by Kawasaki Syndrome – which usually affects children from ages 2 to 5 and can cause inflammation of the arteries – her "fast and hard" labor and the use of antibiotics while breastfeeding, which gave Jett thrush, an infection of Candida yeast which some studies have linked to the symptoms of autism. 

It can't have been an easy decision for Kelly to speak out. As a Scientologist, she would have been counselled to only treat the physical symptoms of Jett's autism, such as his seizures. Any psychological symptoms would have been addressed by auditing, not drugs. 



Hot pics & clicks

* "We smell the same," Nicole Richie tweeted yesterday, along with this picture her holding an elephant's trunk. 


* Prince William makes his bed! The royal has posted pictures of a normal day in his life as a flight lieutenant on his website. Click here for the rest


* Wow, check out the photoshopping on Madonna's new fragrance ad. 

“I think every woman does want to be objectified," Cameron Diaz tells The Sunday Times. "There’s a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it’s healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment