Wednesday 21 November 2012

Fiona Apple cancels tour to care for dying dog



Fiona Apple has cancelled the South American leg of her current tour to care for her dog, an almost 14-year-old pit bull named Janet, who has a tumour in her chest. 

The announcement came as a handwritten letter that had been scanned and posted to her Facebook page

Janet was adopted as a puppy, after being used as a bait in dogfights. Through nearly 14 years, "Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact," Fiona writes in the letter. "She's my best friend and my mother and my daughter, my benefactor, and she's the one who taught me what love is." 


"I know that she is coming close to the point where she will stop being a dog, and instead, be part of everything. She’ll be in the wind, and in the soil, and the snow, and in me, wherever I go. I just can't leave her now, please understand."

Soooo sad. 


Dead strange idea



Celebrities have posed in coffins to raise money for the Digital Death campaign, a project to raise awareness for Alicia Keys' charity "Keep A Child Alive," which provides care and support to families affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India. 

Elijah Wood, Ryan Seacrest and Kim Kardashian are among those who've pretended to corpse it. 

The images appear in a book, "Icons: The Celebrity Exposures of Markus and Indrani"available from Perseus Books.


Hot pics & clicks

* Lindsay Lohan attempts to channel Elizabeth Taylor for a private dinner to celebrate the premiere of Liz & Dick. And fails. She also mouths off: "Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever. I did my time and I respect the law."



* There's even less of Miley Cyrus's hair than before ... 

* See Joanna Lumley share smouldering kissing scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio on the set of their new movie Wolf Of Wall Street by clicking here



* I love this old Vogue cover featuring Goldie Hawn that Dlisted dug up. She turns 67 this week.



* Mel B had lunch with Guy Sebastian and Ronan Keating on Sydney Harbour in honour of Ronan's charity Emerald and Ivy.



* Desperate to see The Hobbit? Watch an 8-minute trailer by clicking here



* Kathy Griffin tweeted this pic with the caption: "You guys didn't know today was pantless Tuesday?" 





















No comments:

Post a Comment