Tuesday 18 December 2012

Hugh opens up about his wife's miscarriages



Hugh Jackman opened his heart on the Katie show this week, discussing the adoption of his children, son Oscar, 12, and daughter Ava, 7, and the trauma of his wife Deborra Lee's miscarriages. 

"To be clear, Deb and I always wanted to adopt. So that was always in our plan. We didn't know where in the process that would happen but biologically obviously we tried and it was not happening for us and it is a difficult time. We did IVF and Deb had a couple of miscarriages. I'll never forget it the miscarriage thing - it happens to one in three pregnancies, but it's very very rarely talked about."

"It's almost secretive, so I hope Deb doesn't mind me bringing it up now. It's a good thing to talk about it. It's more common, and it is tough. There's a grieving that you have to go through."

But he said when Oscar was born "all the heartache just melted away." 

"Many of you are parents, you guys know you can't prepare for that moment. Nothing can prepare you. You can't even explain how incredible it is and that avalanche of emotion that comes and how it opens up your heart, how it frustrates you, how it angers you, how everything is just all the sudden how alive you are as a parent."

Alyssa finally goes to the prom


Alyssa Milano didn't get to go to her prom, so her husband threw one for her 40th birthday!

David Bugliari held the surprise party at The London nightclub in West Hollywood. A source told US Magazine: "Everybody dressed up and everyone got a corsage when they walked in."

As a DJ played Milano's favorite hits, guests posed for prom-style portraits in a photo booth.

Ireland's touching tribute to her mom


Ireland Baldwin paid tribute to her mother, Kim Basinger, on her 59th birthday with a touching message on Twitter: "Happy birthday to the most beautiful woman in the entire world. You are the most influential and inspirational figure in my life, and I've always looked up to you and no one else. I run to you if I'm ever in doubt or danger, and I'm grateful to you that you always find a way to come to my rescue. You are the most naturally beautiful woman there ever was and will be. Your skin care, workouts and advice on eating healthy inspire me to do the same. Ladies, if you want to avoid Botox and any other skin treatments, listen to my mom! She hasn't had one treatment done because she's stay completely out of the sun all these years! Mom, you still look like your 17 and it's kind of embarrassing standing next to you. Hopefully someday I will adopt your cheekbones and and overall beauty.... Inside and out. You mean the world to me, Mom. We may argue about everything under the sun... But without you, I would be nothing. I love you."

PS I'm still reeling from the news that Ireland's boyfriend is competitive stand-up paddle boarder Slater Trout ... Slater. Trout. What is wrong with some parents? Oh, that's right, mine called me A. House. So nobody's perfect. 

Russell's Aussie affair


The Daily Mail is reporting that Russell Brand had a steamy fling with model and MTV presenter Kate Peck during his recent Australian tour. After exchanging details Kate, 25, tweeted: 'BRANDED!! @MTVAUSTRALIA @rustyrockets great to meet you my friend! Enjoy brissy :)'.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "They’ve been enjoying quite a passionate fling, mostly at the swanky Park Hyatt. They’ve seen each other a few times. Even though he’s left Sydney, they’re still in contact."


Hot pics & clicks

* Mariah Carey tweeted this cute picture of her daughter Monroe with the caption: 'Ms Monroe seems to think sometimes pearls can be your best friends too: )'
* Check out the Kardashians' 2012 Christmas card. Wonder which husband will be iced by 2013?


* Megan Fox has told Jay Leno she thought she was having a vampire baby: "It was so bad for me. . . I was convinced that I was, like, maybe birthing a vampire baby like the one in Twilight -- you know what happens to Bella, where she's in cold sweats all the time -- and I felt like that was happening because I had no vitamins and nutrients and I was just nauseous. Something not human was happening!"


* The Rock tweeted a pic of his thighs with the caption: "Sometimes the most important victories are just for yourself. LEGS. #5KneeSurgeries #RupturedDiscs #StillFindAWay"




* Ohhhh, there's snogging in the new episode of Doctor Who, screening on Boxing Day in Oz. Jenna Louise Coleman, who plays Clara Oswin in the show, spilled the beans, telling The Sun: "We did a couple of versions. One was like a swoop — maybe it will be in some outtakes or something."









No comments:

Post a Comment