Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globes special edition

Jodie's coming out speech

The talk of the Golden Globes was Jodie Foster's rambling, often bewildering coming-out speech as she accepted her lifetime achievement award. 

She announced: "While I'm here being all confessional, I guess I just have just a sudden urge to say something that I've never really been able to air in public, [it's] a declaration that I'm a little nervous about – but maybe not quite as nervous as my publicist right now. I'm just going to put it out there – loud and proud." 

She hesitated, then said: "I am single."

She continued. "This is not going to be a big coming out speech tonight because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the stone age – in those very quaint days when a fragile girl would open up to trusted friends and family and coworkers and then gradually proudly to everyone who knew her ... but now apparently I'm told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and a primetime reality show." 

Later in the speech, she thanked her "heroic co-parent, my ex partner in love, but righteous soul sister in life. My confessor ... most beloved BFF of 20 years, Cydney Bernard. Thank you, Cyd. I am so proud of our modern family, our amazing sons, Charlie and Kit who are my reason to breathe and to evolve."


Meanwhile, when the cameras switched to Mel Gibson, he looked like this ...

As Dlisted remarked: Yes, that's Mel's "Wait, I worked with a lesbian?" face.

Flu strikes stars

Meryl Streep was forced to cancel her appearance at the Globes when she came down with the flu. 

Host Amy Poehler used it as one of their first jokes of the night: "She has the flu, and I hear she's amazing in it," she riffed.  

Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman both confessed on the red carpet that they were feeling poorly. 

Jennifer declined to shake Ryan Seacrest's hand because of it and huddled in gray jacket as she sat in the audience.  Meanwhile winning the award for best actor in a comedy or musical for Les Miserables put the spring back in Hugh's step, he announced "I feel great!" in his acceptance speech. 

Tina & Amy's funniest moments



Hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler scored a big thumbs up from critics for their hosting of the ceremony. Here are a few of their best lines ...

* "You know what, Taylor Swift, you stay away from Michael J. Fox's son," Tina said, referring to Sam Michael Fox, who is this year's Mr. Golden Globe. "Or go for it!" Poehler added. 


* "You gave a stunning performance in Les Misérables," Tina told Anne Hathaway. "I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars. 


"Ben's first two movies took place in Boston," Tina said of Ben Affleck, "but he moved this one to Iran because he wanted to film somewhere that was friendlier to outsiders." 


* Amy announced to Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow: "I haven't been following Zero Dark Thirty, but when it comes to torture, I trust the woman who was married for three years to James Cameron."



Golden Globes winners list



Best DramaArgo

Best Musical or Comedy: Les Misérables

Best DirectorBen Affleck, Argo

Best Actress in a DramaJessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty

Best Actor in a DramaDaniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln

Best Actor in a Musical or ComedyHugh Jackman, Les Miserables

Best Actress, Comedy or MusicalJennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook

Best Supporting ActorChristoph Waltz, Django Unchained

Best Supporting ActressAnne Hathaway, Les Miserables

Best DramaHomeland

Best TV Series, Comedy or MusicalGirls

Best Miniseries or TV MovieGame Change

Best Supporting Actress on TV, Miniseries or TV MovieMaggie Smith, Downtown Abbey: Season 2

Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV MovieJulianne Moore, Game Change

Best Actor, TV Series DramaDamian Lewis, Homeland

Best Original ScoreMychael Danna, Life of Pi

Best Original Song“Skyfall,” music and lyrics by Adele and Paul Epworth (Skyfall)

Best Actor, Miniseries or Television MovieKevin Costner, Hatfields and McCoys

Best Supporting Actor in a TV Show, Miniseries or TV MovieEd Harris, Game Change

Best ScreenplayQuentin Tarantino, Django Unchained

Best Actor, Television Comedy or MusicalDon Cheadle, House of Lies

Best Foreign Language FilmAmour

Best Actress in a TV DramaClaire Danes, Homeland

Best Animated Feature FilmBrave

Best Actress, TV Comedy or MusicalLena Dunham, Girls


Lindsay live tweets the ceremony



For once, Lindsay Lohan had a night at home, and she spent it live tweeting the Golden Globes. After announcing "i really want to get more followers but i feel as if i don't tweet enough and i feel bad!" she went on to comment ...  

• "Words cannot express how much I LOVE Kristen Wiig. And no1 should ever mess with a legend, such as Meryl Streep,"

 "Kate Hudson looks GORGEOUS"
 "I am grateful to of had the opportunity to work with 2 amazing women who are people i admire, such as Amy Poehler & Tina Fey. xo"
 "why wasn't Snow Patrol nominated with their song, 'Lightening Strike' for Act Of Valor? - I LOVE Adele! She is AMAZING! but, just curious?"
 "Paul Rudd is the best. Ever."
 "i love Damien Lewis on #homeland he is incredible"
•"Yaayyyy! @lenadunham I think you're so wonderful. Congratulations to a great talent !!!"
•"Ben Affleck!! Yay! So smart and classic. He and Jen Garner remind me of @mikelohan and his wonderful girlfriend #ninaginsberg"
But my favourite tweet from Lindsay came two days ago when she posted this ...
I never thought I'd say these words in the same sentence as "Lindsay Lohan" but ... yeah sister!

Celebrity twit pics
Forget the official photographs, the stars own happy snaps were my favourites from the night. 

* Hayden Panettiere tweeted: "munchin on cookies with my girl "


* Julia Louis-Dreyfus renamed herself: "Julia Loser-Dreyfus"


* "My beautiful wife at the golden globes. A night to remember!" Hugh Jackman gushed. 


* Dax Shephard's pregnant love, Kirsten Bell, wrote: "Wish us luck on our nomination for most PDA!"


* Heidi Klum declared Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens "two of the most beautiful girls of the night"


* Julianne Hough posted a pic pointing to her ripped dress and wrote "I think I may have danced too hard."


Hot pics & clicks

* Most romantic acceptance speech of the night award goes to Ben Affleck who won the Best Director gong for Argo"I want to thank my wife who is the reason why I'm standing here," he gushed. "I adore you. I love you so much. Thanks for sitting through this. You are my everything."

* Most surprising thank you: Anne Hathaway paid tribute to Sally Field "for being a vanguard against typecasting. As the girl who started out as the Princess of Genovia [Anne's first big role was in The Princess Diaries], I can't tell you how encouraging it was to know that The Flying Nun grew up to be Norma Rae and Mama Gump."



* Most entertaining audience member: Glenn Close playing along with Tina Fey's joke that she was drunk. 



* Cutest Mr Golden Globes ever: Michael J. Fox's son Sam.



* Best TMI moment on the red carpet: When new mum Claire Danes announced: "I'm hoping I don't leak!"



* Best - faking it - losers: The cast of Modern Family




* Best Globes manicure: Zooey Deschanel.



* Best Gangnam-style moment: Damian Lewis danced to the song with his onscreen son at the Fox party in between taking photos with fans.



* Hottest frock: Miranda Kerr looked smokin' in this pic she tweeted. 



* Cutest twit-pic: Modern Family's Ariel Winter struck a pose on her way to the ceremony with her co-stars.


* Best romance denial: when asked if he was dating Jennifer Lawrence, 22, Bradley Cooper, 38, replied: "I could literally be her father."



* For heaps of candid pics from the event - such as this one of Jack Black with his mum - head to the Golden Globes Instagram page



 

No comments:

Post a Comment